At one time or another, most women have heard about the monthly makeup and skincare subscription service called IPSY. IPSY is a leader in the monthly subscription box circuit; heck, just hop onto YouTube and you’ll find a bevy of videos of makeup and skincare lovers sharing what came in their monthly boxes. Even I, have a Bloomingful Peach YouTube channel where I share my IPSY unboxings.
You may have stumbled upon this article and have never heard of IPSY before. If that’s the case, let me share with you a little about IPSY and why it’s amazing, and frankly; a service you should consider subscribing to.
What is the purpose of IPSY?
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that delivers a monthly box and/or makeup bag full of beauty products. IPSY makes it easy to try out new products without going broke doing so. In April of 2023, IPSY merged with Boxycharm. As with all new mergers, it’s always a pretty bumpy road in the beginning, but I’m certain things will be running smoothly in the next few months.
How many times have you gone to Sephora, or even Ulta because you saw something one of your favorite YouTube beauty gurus mention, only to spend a ridiculous amount of money and hate the product?
Come on, raise your hand. I can’t be the only one.
How does IPSY work?
Once you sign up for IPSY you will be prompted to take a beauty quiz.
Don’t worry, there are no right or wrong answers. In fact, if you mess up an answer (aka change your mind), you can go back to the beauty quiz as many times as you’d like.
Because no one likes a “pop quiz”, I’m gonna cheat and give you some of the questions that are asked:
It’s Pop Quiz Time!
- What’s your skin tone?
- What’s your hair color?
- How would you describe your hair?
- What’s your eye color?
- What are your skin concerns?
- What are some of your favorite makeup brands?
- Which stores do you usually buy from?
- What are your color preferences for eyeshadow, lipstick, and eyeliner?
- What are your favorite perfume scents?
- Would you like to receive more or less of a particular item?
Now this is the type of “pop quiz” you won’t fail.
Once you sign up for an IPSY membership, you will be billed immediately as soon as you join. The following month, you will be billed on the last day of the month for next month’s bag and/or box.
Don’t worry, you can always cancel or skip a month or two. IPSY is so flexible!
How much does IPSY cost a year?
IPSY is super affordable, and there are three different membership plans to suit your needs.
Glam Bag – $13 a month
- 5 deluxe-size beauty samples (worth $70)
- Cute makeup bag
- You get to choose one product
BoxyCharm – $28 a month
- Five full-size products
- You get to pick three of the five full-size products
- Box includes items such as makeup, skincare, beauty tools, and/or color cosmetics
- Each box is valued at over $100 (total value is determined by the products you pick)
- Products are high-end and luxury
IconBox – $58 a quarter
- Quarterly box upgrade from either the IPSY Glam Bag or BoxyCharm
- Includes eight full-size high-end and luxury products
- Valued over $350 (total value is determined by the products you pick)
- You get to pick three of your full-size products
- Each box is curated by one of the top figures in the beauty industry
- Is auto-delivered in place of your monthly IPSY Glam Bag or Boxycharm during the months of February, May, August, and November. The Icon Box replaces your monthly bag; however, if you subscribe to both the IPSY Glam Bag and the BoxyCharm box, I’m not sure which one it will replace, but I’m pretty sure it will replace the BoxyCharm
Here are the 10 best reasons to subscribe to IPSY
When it comes to subscription boxes, IPSY is one of the best beauty box subscription services; especially at its price point. If you’re not happy with the service it’s very easy to cancel.
So, what are you waiting for?
Sign up to IPSY and become a member of the number one beauty subscription box today
If you’re curious about IPSY and want to learn more or to even see what the IPSY shop has for sale, why not take it out for a test spin?
When you do sign up, you will receive a free trial to their other subscription called Refreshments. In my personal opinion, I don’t think much of the Refreshments program, but if you’re into getting razors, deodorant, or hair care products (all from the Refreshment brand), then you may enjoy it.